Baked Buffalo Chicken Dip is arguably the most iconic party dip of all time. It’s so easy and fast, you can have in on your table in no time!
I prefer to eat chicken dip with tortilla chips or crackers but it also goes great with celery sticks and carrot sticks!
Buffalo chicken dip is the perfect combination of chicken, buffalo sauce, and cheese. If you’d like, add blue cheese for that real Buffalo chicken wing touch!
MORE EASY CHICKEN RECIPES YOU MIGHT LIKE
What We Love About This Recipe
- Quick and Easy: This baked buffalo chicken dip recipe can be out of your oven and ready to eat in 35 minutes!
- Easy Ingredients: Chances are, you have all of the ingredients in your pantry or fridge!
- Family Friendly: This easy buffalo chicken dip is a fan favorite at Buffalo game day parties so try it at yours!
- Adaptable: It’s really easy to make this recipe spicier or milder, cheesy or anything else you’d like to do.
- Makes Great Leftovers: It works great as leftovers, try it on a burger!
- Cooking Options: This recipe works great in a slow cooker too!
- Hot Sauce
- Chicken – Use chicken breast or rotisserie chicken for best results but you can also use canned chicken!
- Hot Sauce – I personally use Frank’s Red Hot but go ahead and use the buffalo flavor, wing sauce or your favorite hot sauce!
- Cheese – I prefer to use cheddar cheese!
How to make Baked Buffalo Chicken Dip
These are the basic steps for making Baked Buffalo Chicken Dip. Please refer to the recipe card below for more detailed instructions.
STEP 1: PREP
Preheat the oven to 425 degrees.
Combine half of the cream cheese, Franks Hot Sauce, spices and stir.
Then, smear over the chicken in the baking dish. It’ll be lumpy and that’s ok, just make sure to cover all of the chicken.
STEP 2: BAKE CHICKEN
Bake the chicken for about 25 minutes. Check for doneness by cutting open the chicken breast. If they are done, remove from oven. If not, bake in 5 minute increments, checking between each increment, until done.
STEP 3: MELT CHEESE
Using a hand mixer, shred the chicken. Then, add the remaining cream cheese and stir it into the chicken mixture.
Cover with cheddar cheese and place back into the oven for 5 minutes to melt the cheddar. Serve and enjoy!
HOW TO MAKE THIS RECIPE AHEAD OF TIME
Bake and shred your chicken ahead of time. Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator until you’re ready!
HOW TO STORE FRANK’S BUFFALO CHICKEN DIP
Either tightly wrap the dish in plastic wrap or transfer to an airtight container. Buffalo dip will be good for 3-5 days in the fridge.
HOW TO FREEZE THIS RECIPE
Transfer the chicken wing dip into freezer bags. It’ll extend the shelf life to up to 3 months.
HOW TO REHEAT BUFFALO CHICKEN DIP
The easiest way to reheat chicken dip is in the microwave! Put small portions into microwave safe bowls and heat for 30 seconds at a time, stir in between time increments. However, you can also reheat in the oven at 350 degrees for a few minutes!
Frequently Asked Questions
Luckily, the whole recipe is gluten free!
Absolutely! Ranch will give it a more mild taste, but more like a chicken wing!
Yes! Chicken wing dip is super easy to double or half!
If you’re looking for a true Buffalo wing taste, ABSOLUTELY add blue cheese crumbles or blue cheese dressing for a creamy dip!