This Restaurant Style Chicken Teriyaki is so good it’ll have you wanting to make your own instead of ordering take out!
I personally love finding copycat recipes for food I love getting at restaurants because I think it ends up being cheaper and I get to have the whole batch to myself! This recipe has veggies added, a ton of flavor and goes perfect with rice.
MORE ASIAN INSPIRED RECIPES YOU MIGHT LIKE
What We Love About This Recipe
- 30 Minute Meal: From start to finish, it only takes 25 minutes!
- Easy Ingredients: Most of the ingredients you probably have in your pantry already!
- Family Friendly: Quick and easy, perfect for busy families!
- Adaptable: Can easily make this to fit your dietary needs.
- Cubed Chicken
- Broccoli Florets
- Soy Sauce
- Cubed Chicken – Cubing chicken is what’s going to give you perfect bite-sized pieces!
- Broccoli Florets – Use fresh broccoli for a better flavor and texture.
- Soy Sauce – Use your favorite brand or make your own!
How to make Restaurant Style Chicken Teriyaki
These are the basic steps for making Restaurant Style Chicken Teriyaki. Please refer to the recipe card below for more detailed instructions.
Cover the bottom of your pan in sesame oil and place the pan over high heat. When the oil is hot, add the chicken and turn the heat down to medium.
Immediately add the brown sugar while the chicken starts to sauté. Then, add the corn starch and stir.
Add the rice wine vinegar, soy sauce and garlic, then stir to combine again.
Top with the broccoli and stir periodically for 10 minutes or until the chicken is cooked through. Serve and enjoy!
HOW TO MAKE CHICKEN TERIYAKI AHEAD OF TIME
Cube your chicken ahead of time. Store in an airtight container in the fridge until you’re ready.
HOW TO STORE THIS RECIPE
Store in an airtight container. Make sure you eat it within a week.
HOW TO FREEZE THIS RECIPE
Store in an airtight container, it will keep in the freezer for up to 3 months.
HOW TO REHEAT THIS RECIPE
Reheat in a pan! Constantly stir on medium-low heat. If you need to, add a little water to help break up glaze.
Frequently Asked Questions
Everything in this recipe is already vegan-friendly, just replace the chicken with your favorite tofu.
Sure! Steak might take a little longer to cook, but steak would be delicious too.
Yes! It can easily be doubled to feed more people.
What to Serve with Restaurant Style Chicken Teriyaki
- Rice or Noodles
- Veggies (corn on the cob works great!)
- 2 chicken breast, skinned and cubed
- 1/3 cup chopped green onion
- 2 cups broccoli florets
- 3 tbsp brown sugar, packed
- 3 tbsp rice wine vinegar (or apple cider vinegar)
- 1 tbsp sesame oil
- 2 tsp minced garlic
- 1 tsp corn starch
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- Coat the bottom of your pan in the sesame oil then place the pan over high heat. When the oil is hot, add the chicken and turn the heat down to medium.
- Immediately add the brown sugar while the chicken starts to sauté.
- Add the corn starch and stir.
- Add the rice wine vinegar, soy sauce and garlic, then stir to combine again.
- Top with the broccoli and stir periodically for 10 minutes or until the chicken is cooked through.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 137Total Fat: 4gSaturated Fat: 1gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 3gCholesterol: 34mgSodium: 637mgCarbohydrates: 11gFiber: 2gSugar: 6gProtein: 15g