Crack Chicken Tacos is a great go-to, never-fail recipe! The kiddos will never say they’re not hungry to this fun Tex-Mex recipe!
These crack tacos are so yummy the kids are going to scarf down an amazing amount of these bad-boys! I mean they might even say these are their new favorite way to eat chicken.
MORE MEXICAN INSPIRED RECIPES YOU MIGHT LIKE
What We Love About This Recipe
- 15 Minute Meal: You can have these tacos on your plate in as little as 15 minutes!
- Easy Ingredients: You only need 7 easy ingredients to make these crack chicken tacos!
- Family Friendly: In case it hasn’t been clear, the kids will LOVE them!
- Adaptable: Can easily adapt to meet dietary needs.
- Makes Great Leftovers: If there’s any left after dinner, you can use the leftovers to make taco salad!
- Shredded Chicken
- Cream Cheese
- Ranch Seasoning
- Shredded Chicken – You’re going to want to use shredded chicken since it’s easier to eat in a taco and then there will be some in every bite.
- Cream Cheese – Make sure it’s room temperature, it’ll combine easier, trust me!
- Ranch Seasoning – You could use ranch dressing if you want a sloppier taco. Seasoning does the job with half the mess.
How to make Crack Chicken Tacos
These are the basic steps for making Crack Chicken Tacos. Please refer to the recipe card below for more detailed instructions.
STEP 1: Combine Cheese & Chicken
Combine cream cheese and shredded chicken.
Pro Tip: If your cream cheese isn’t room temperature, you can heat water in a glass in the microwave, then dump the water and turn the glass upside-down over the cheese. Just a few minutes in that warm glass and the cheese will be on the way toward being soft enough to stir!
Add shredded cheese and stir to combine. I like to use a mix of cheeses, but any kind you like will work!
STEP 2: Add Ranch & Tomatoes
Add ranch seasoning and diced tomatoes and gently fold in until combined. Be careful so your tomatoes don’t break up too much.
STEP 3: Fill Taco Shells
Fill up your taco shells and serve and enjoy!
HOW TO MAKE CRACK CHICKEN TACOS AHEAD OF TIME
Cook and shred your chicken, set out your cream cheese to soften and dice your tomatoes all ahead of time.
HOW TO STORE CHICKEN TACOS
Store the chicken mixture in an airtight container in the fridge! The chicken will be good in the fridge for up to 4 days.
HOW TO FREEZE THIS RECIPE
Store in freezer bags! Freezer bags stack easily so you’ll save some space in your freezer. The shredded chicken mixture will be good for up to 3 months!
HOW TO REHEAT THIS RECIPE
I like to just throw mine in the microwave! Transfer the chicken to microwave safe bowls and heat for 30 seconds at a time. I like to put a damp paper towel on top of my bowl to help maintain some moisture.
Frequently Asked Questions
Luckily, this is mostly vegetarian-friendly! Just replace the chicken with your favorite non-meat substitute!
Sure! You may want to reconsider the ranch seasoning if you’re using beef. A BBQ sauce might be a little better1
Absolutely! This recipe is super easy to double or half.
Yes! It might be a little messy to eat but that never hurt anyone!
Crack Chicken Tacos
- 3 cups Shredded Chicken
- ¼ cup Cream Cheese, Room Temperature
- 2 tbsp Ranch Seasoning
- ¾ cup Diced Tomatoes
- 1 cup Shredded Cheese
- ½ cup Cooked Bacon, crumbled
- ¼ cup Chopped Green Onions
- 8 Taco Shells
- Combine cream cheese and shredded chicken. If your cream cheese isn’t room temperature, you can heat water in a glass in the microwave, then discard the water and turn the glass upside-down over the cheese. Just a few minutes in that warm glass and the cheese will be well along the way toward being soft enough to stir!
- Add shredded cheese and stir to combine. I like to use a mix of pepper jack cheese sometimes for a little kick, but any cheddar or Monterey jack will do.
- Add ranch seasoning and diced tomatoes and gently fold in until combined. You don’t want the tomatoes to break up, but you do want it fully combined.
- Fill taco shells with chicken mixture and top with crumbled bacon and chopped green onions.