Mexican Chicken Pasta is creamy, cheesy and has a very unique flavor that you and your family are going to love!
This southwest chicken pasta recipe is such a simple chicken recipe, it’s basically a no-fail! What makes it unique is that you’re going to combine bell pepper and cream cheese. As long as you can follow basic directions, you’ll be able to make Mexican chicken pasta!
MORE EASY CHICKEN RECIPES YOU MIGHT LIKE
What We Love About This Recipe
- 30 Minute Meal: From start to finish, this recipe takes only 25 minutes!
- Easy Ingredients: You’ll only need 10 simple ingredients to make this southwest chicken pasta.
- Family Friendly: The whole family will be going for seconds!
- Adaptable: Easily adaptable to meet dietary needs.
- Makes Great Leftovers: Perfect to warm up for lunch the next day!
- Bell Pepper
- Bell Pepper – Use whatever color pepper you like!
- Chicken – You’re going to want to shred your chicken to ensure it’s in every bite!
- Pasta – I use rotini but you can use whatever pasta you want!
How to make Mexican Chicken Pasta
These are the basic steps for making Mexican Chicken Pasta. Please refer to the recipe card below for more detailed instructions.
STEP 1: Cook & Prep
Place chicken breasts in a pot of water and bring to a boil. Cook the chicken until there’s no pink meat left.
While the chicken is cooking, chop the bell pepper finely. Place the peppers in a skillet with olive oil over high heat.
STEP 2: Shred
Remove the chicken from the pot and shred it. I like to use a hand mixer for this, it does the same thing as hand shredding, just faster!
STEP 3: Assemble
Add the shredded chicken and seasoning to the peppers. Immediately follow with the cream cheese. Cover and let the cream cheese completely melt, stirring occasionally.
Stir in the cooked pasta. Serve and enjoy!
HOW TO MAKE SOUTHWEST CHICKEN PASTA AHEAD OF TIME
Cook your pasta and chicken ahead of time! Along with that, shred your chicken ahead of time as well as cook and chop your peppers.
HOW TO STORE CHICKEN PASTA
Store in airtight containers! Chicken and pasta will stay good in the fridge for up to 4 days.
HOW TO FREEZE THIS RECIPE
Store in freezer bags or airtight containers! It will keep for up to 2 months.
HOW TO REHEAT MEXICAN CHICKEN
If frozen, let thaw in the fridge overnight! I like to reheat in the microwave since it’s fast and easy! Reheat in 30 second increments until it’s the desired temperature.
Frequently Asked Questions
Instead of chicken, use your favorite meat alternative! Luckily, the rest of this recipe is vegetarian-friendly!
Yes! Try other peppers instead or whatever you’d like!
Absolutely! This recipe is super easy to double or half!
What to Serve with Mexican Chicken Pasta
- Spanish Rice